WordPress Site Broken | Migrated Domain 404ing

• I recently migrated my personal website, iantalty.com, from google sites to WordPress, but all attempts to visit the domain now result in 404 errors. I’ve paid for WordPress services, transferred the domain, and adjusted the DNS and Name Servers.

I just checked the domain information, and it says WordPress is hosting. What can I do to get my website working? Any help would be appreciated.

https://imgur.com/a/D2eBRuu

I’m not looking to upgrade plans due to budgetary constraints.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hello there!

As a WordPress.com volunteer, I’m here to assist you. I understand that you were experiencing a 404 error after migrating to WordPress.com. After our investigation, it appears that your site is running smoothly without any issues.

Could you kindly confirm if the problem has been resolved from your end as well? If you are still encountering the 404 error or have any other concerns, please let us know, and we’ll be more than happy to further investigate and help you find a solution. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we’re here to support you throughout the process. Looking forward to hearing from you!

• Yes, I’m still getting 404s from multiple devices and browsers. I cleared my browser caches and reset network settings. This resolved the issue for a few minutes, after which the website started 404ing again.

• Thank you for the feedback. I want to assure you that your problem has been conveyed to our moderator, who is aware of the issue and is working on resolving it.

To provide you with a more immediate response and personalized assistance, I recommend reaching out to our support team directly using this link: https://wordpress.com/help. They will be able to address your specific problem and offer guidance accordingly.

Our support team is here to assist you throughout the process and ensure that your issue is resolved to your satisfaction. Please don’t hesitate to contact us, and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to resolving your problem swiftly.

• Your site http://iantalty.com/ is up and running on the wordpress.com platform.

The errors you got were due to the fact a change in nameservers can take up to 72 hours to propagate over the internet.

• Hi there,

I can confirm your domain settings are correct and I am able to see the coming soon page for your site (the site will be visible once you launch it) and here is a screenshot of what I see:

As mentioned above it can be a few hours (up to 72hrs in some cases) before the new domain settings take effect, but it’s only temporary, and as long as the settings you added are correct, you will see the site once your ISP updates their connection.

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

• The topic ‘WordPress Site Broken | Migrated Domain 404ing’ is closed to new replies.