WordPress plans

• Hello,

I am shopping for domains and plans with WordPress because I’d like to start a lifestyle blog that brings in income for me. I was going to buy my own domain, but if I use wordpress, which I would like to, I’ll probably have to select a paid plan since I will want to remove ads. The premium plan said you can monetize your site. Is this the same as making money off your blog? I’d like to be paid to review products. Can I still do this with the personal plan?
    Also, once you buy a theme, do you only buy it once, or do you have to renew it every year? Like if a theme is $60, is that the only time you pay that? Also, are all premium themes free with a premium plan?
    Just trying to figure out what to do. I know the domain name I want and I know how I want the format to be. I just have no idea about the logistics and want to choose the option that will make the most financial sense and earn me the most gain in my blogging side hustle.

Thanks!!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

The premium plan said you can monetize your site. Is this the same as making money off your blog?

There’s quite a few ways to make money through your blog: https://en.support.wordpress.com/monetize-your-site/

The Premium Plan offers automatic approval to the WordAds programme. This means that adverts are displayed on your website, and you earn revenue from this, but you’re welcome to turn it off at anytime. Bare in mind it does take thousands and thousands of views to make any meaningful revenue. Learn more here: https://wordads.com/faq

I’d like to be paid to review products. Can I still do this with the personal plan?

All sites, including those with the Free Plan, can write sponsored posts, provided that the vast majority of your site isn’t sponsored content and the content doesn’t violate the WordPress.com Terms of Service.

Also, once you buy a theme, do you only buy it once, or do you have to renew it every year? Like if a theme is $60, is that the only time you pay that? Also, are all premium themes free with a premium plan?

You have two options regarding this, assuming you’re referring to themes in the WordPress.com Theme Directory:

1) If you buy the theme, then it’s a one-time purchase and can be used forever

2) If you purchase the Premium or Business Plan, you have unlimited access to themes until your plan expires. Plans renew every year, which costs money, but the theme is included in the plan

Let us know if you have any further questions or issues! :)

• Wow, that response was so quick and extremely helpful!! I think I have enough to get started but I will let you know if I have any more questions!

• No problem, feel free to write back if you have any further questions! :)

• The topic ‘WordPress plans’ is closed to new replies.