WordPress Featuring A Single Video

• I’m attaching a real estate walk-thru video to an MLS database. It cannot be sourced by a third party, like YouTube. I have already acquired a unique URL for the first video, however hosting it is a challenge. I was thinking VideoPress might be a solution. The WordPress site can display only the single video. No words or pictures. It must not be like a website – only the video. Based on these ground rules, would VideoPress accomplish my goal?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• You can read about videopress here https://en.support.wordpress.com/videopress/

I will type modlook into the sidebar tags on this thread for a Staff follow-up. How do I get a Moderator/Staff reply for my question? https://en.support.wordpress.com/getting-help-in-the-forums/#how-do-i-get-a-moderatorstaff-reply-for-my-question Please subscribe to this thread so you are notified when they respond and be patient while waiting. To subscribe look in the sidebar of this thread, find the subscribe to topics link and click it.

• Hi there,

If you have a WordPress.com site with a Premium Plan you can upload videos to the media library. You can then also use VideoPress to embed the videos on any Jetpack-connected self-hosted WordPress website, which I think is the option you’ll need here.

The reason I say that is because on a self-hosted site you’ll be able edit the template you choose to be empty except for the video.

On WordPress.com that is technically also possible if you select a minimalist theme, set a static home page with the video, and then hide all other elements on the page using custom CSS. However, you will not be allowed to hide the WordPress.com footer credits or the action bar that contains the follow button, which is why a self-hosted site without those restrictions might be a better option.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

• Could I rotate multiple domains through the same account as the homes sell? Can I purchase many such accounts?

• Upgrades on WordPress.com can only be bought for a year at a time, and domains in general have to be registered for a year, so you’ll need to register a new domain, and if you don’t register it here buy a new domain mapping upgrade, for each new domain. But you can switch the domain on a site with us whenever you want by adding a new one and changing the primary domain.

• I’m studying about how to hide elements, like menu, Recent Posts, Categories, Archives. I’ll see if it will be acceptable to the brass if I leave footer credits and action bar.

But how would I go about getting a self-hosted site if it’s not okay?

• To set up a self-hosted site you’ll need to get a hosting account with someone like Bluehost, and install the WordPress software there.

We have a basic guide here:

Home

• I can’t find a way to delete the headings: Recent Posts, Categories, Archives, or any words under them (and the 2011 date). I searched through CSS instructions.

How do I get rid of these superfluous words on the page?

• For that I’m going to ask you to please post in the CSS forum.

When you post there, please state your theme, if your site is not set to private, give your site URL, and explain exactly which elements you want to be hidden.

You can find the CSS forum here:
    https://en.forums.wordpress.com/forums/css-customization

• The topic ‘WordPress Featuring A Single Video’ is closed to new replies.