WordPress.com default plugins causing problems

• Hi.

The plugin ‘WordPress.com Editing Toolkit’ seems to be causing the block editor to not load properly. If I click troubleshoot on the plugin, the screen turns white and I can’t do anything until I clear cookies. I can still click troubleshoot on other plugins, but I can’t enable or disable this plugin in troubleshooting mode. Given that this is a plugin that I am effectively paying for with my WordPress.com subscription, deactivating the plugin (what the chat bot told me to do) is not an acceptable solution. The problem started today, August 10th.

Possibly related and almost as frustrating, the plugin ‘Gutenberg’ has messed up the formatting in visual editor since mid June. The formatting is fine on the site itself. Deactivating this plugin fixed the issue, until today. It seems I need one of the two to use the visual editor, and neither one is working.

I can somewhat work around this by using the third-party block editor plugin ‘Elementor’ but it doesn’t have all of the features I need, at least not in the free version. Again, since I’m effectively paying for ‘WordPress.com Editing Toolkit’ and ‘Gutenberg’ with my WordPress.com subscription, I’d like for them to work.

I’ve reinstalled all of these plugins and nothing has changed.

Any help would be appreciated.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there!

Sorry to hear about the issue you’ve been facing. The WordPress.com Editing ToolKit enables many of the blocks we have on WordPress.com, so if there are problems with it, we’d love to find out and fix them.

I was able to replicate the issue you faced with the editor, and I can see that it can’t be activated while in troubleshooting mode. I’ve pinged our developers to take a deeper look at this. I’ll get back to you on this thread as soon as I have an update.

While you wait, could you tell me which chatbot told you to deactivate the plugin?

Thanks!

• The main problem seems to be solved. The error with the troubleshooting mode is still happening, but I don’t need to troubleshoot anymore.

The chat bot was the one in the live chat in the help center.

Thank you!

• Thank you @agrowingpain! As we can’t duplicate this, could you share the error you get?

• The topic ‘WordPress.com default plugins causing problems’ is closed to new replies.