WordPress automatically reformats header and nav

• Hi,

I’ve been having a recurring bug on my company’s website for the last month. We’ve hired a contractor 2 years ago to build a heavily customized wordpress website. Since, we took back the control of the site to further customize the look and feel with the new direction of our business.

Since our last update, where we change the navigation’s and the header’s look and feel one month ago, the website has bugged three times and created by itself a hybrid header of the new and old version of the site. (see screenshot here: http://www.mediafire.com/view/lrwivcnxb03iouv/Unknown-1.png)

I was able each time to fix this by overwriting the file styles.css in my custom theme ‘CSS’ folder..

Any one ever ran across this problem and any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you for time and help.
    CHeers,
    Marc

• You did not specify a blog address or reason for posting when you created this topic.

This support forum is for blogs hosted at WordPress.com. If your question is about a self-hosted WordPress blog then you’ll find help at the WordPress.org forums.

If you don’t understand the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org, you may find this information helpful.

If you forgot to include a link to your blog, you can reply and include it below. It’ll help people to answer your question.

This is an automated message.

• As you are referring to a WordPress.ORG install you are posting to the wrong support forum. WordPress.com and WordPress.org are completely separate, have different log-ins and run different versions of themes with same names. If you don’t have a username account at WordPress.ORG click http://wordpress.org/support/ and register one on the top right hand corner of the page that opens, so you can post to the support forums there and receive advice from WordPress.ORG bloggers.

• true. Forum rookie mistake. Thanks for the speedy reply.

• The topic ‘WordPress automatically reformats header and nav’ is closed to new replies.