woocommerce product gallery like classic gallery

• How can I have a more classic / simple gallery as my product gallery that it is 2 columns wide (even variable columns) and that runs the length of the page, such as my product page here https://itsmrjack.com/product/sanctuary/

I really don’t like the woocommerce product gallery with its zoom and lightbox features, it just looks naff to me. I don’t feel it sells art very well.

As a workaround I customised my woocommerce product page template by plonking a gallery in it and filling the gallery with images of the one and only product – my first book – that I was selling. When doing this I was well aware this was the worst possible solution, and the most temporary of fixes, but it was fine while I only had one product for sale. Now that I am wanting to sell some prints from the book I need to come up with a permanent solution.

So ideally I would like the images I add in the product gallery section of the admin product editor to show up in a 2 column gallery AFTER the product summary, as opposed to before it. If I could have the same controls, eg # of columns, as a classic gallery would be great.

Regarding the featured image – ideally I would not have the tacky magnifying glass symbol or have roll-over zoom enabled on it. I have tried turning these features off, but cannot get the settings to consistently stick.

Help greatly appreciated as I am trying to get these prints up for sale before the christmas sales period is done!

Cheers,

Chris.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hello there,

Apologies, but we can’t help with your issue directly because we don’t host your site on our WordPress.com managed hosting.

At WordPress.com, we provide a fully managed hosting service with a custom server environment that is specifically optimized for WordPress. Our managed hosting service offers built-in security and performance improvements, along with in-house support for any questions or issues you may have with your site.

We want you to know that you always have the option to migrate your site to WordPress.com, where we can provide you with in-house help to ensure that your website is running smoothly. We have an easy-to-use migration plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpcom-migration/), which you can use to migrate your site to WordPress.com.

Please note that this feature is only available for Business plan users.

We understand that moving your site may seem like a daunting task, but we believe that the benefits of our fully managed hosting service far outweigh the effort involved in migrating your site. With our optimized server environment and customized version of WordPress, you’ll have access to the best possible hosting service for your WordPress website.

However, if you choose not to migrate your site to WordPress.com, don’t worry! We want to make sure you still receive the help you need. The good news is that the open-source WordPress forums are available to provide you with support. The folks in that forum are experts in WordPress and are in the best position to help you with any issues you may be experiencing.

We hope this information is helpful, and please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you!

• The topic ‘woocommerce product gallery like classic gallery’ is closed to new replies.