Why no Reply option availble anymore in Classic Editor?

• Several hundred pages on my site include a Reply option at the bottom. The pages I created today not only do not include the Reply option, they don’t even allow me to add the Reply option. Why?

Site: https://anotherslownewsday.wordpress.com.
    WP.com: Yes
    Correct account: Yes

• Hi there!

Can you share the link to some posts/pages you’ve published that don’t have the comment section at the bottom? I can take a look to see what’s going on.

• Thank you for responding. Here are two pages published yesterday (a third is in progress) which do not have an option to include the Reply tool for readers.

https://anotherslownewsday.wordpress.com/apple/
    &

Target Stores

• Hi there, new Pages by default have comments turned off. I just want to eliminate the possibility that your Discussion module has gone AWOL.

When you open the Classic Editor on a new Page, do you see the Discussion module there? It might be below the Editor area or in the right sidebar.

If you see it, but only see the Title “Discussion,” click on the arrow at the right on the module’s Title bar to expand the module. You can then check “Allow Comments” and save.

If you do not see the Discussion module at all, click on the Screen Options at the top right of your browser screen and make sure the module is enabled.

Post back here and let us know how that goes. If you need more help, please let us know also which web browser and version you are using.

• Excellent. The Discussion module was disabled (that was not even an option in previous Editing sessions). I now have Comments re-enabled on the new pages. Thank you.

• You’re welcome! Glad to hear you got this fixed.

Keep in mind that you may need to tick that “Allow Comments” box for each new page you create. Again, it’s off by default on Pages.

Cheers!

• The topic ‘Why no Reply option availble anymore in Classic Editor?’ is closed to new replies.