Why does editing the pictures not work anymore/as before?

• On my blog the descriptions of all pictures of all articles disappeared. Why? It´s no longer possible to edit pictures according to size and place (left, central right). Why? It´s also no longer possible to name or describe pictures, I can write something, but it will not be saved and displayed. That´s annoying. Am I just stupid? Thanks

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• It´s no longer possible to edit pictures according to size and place (left, central right). Why?

I haven’t encountered any difficulty in modifying the size or alignment of embedded images on my WordPress sites.

It´s also no longer possible to name or describe pictures, I can write something, but it will not be saved and displayed…. Am I just stupid?

No, you’re not stupid. The way to add a description that displays if you “hover” over an image is rather counterintuitive. If this is what you’re referring to, displaying a tooltip title or description to an image, that is done with the “Insert/edit link” tool of the post editor admin toolbar. After embedding the image, insert your title or description on the box below the destination URL, and save the edit. It can not be done at the Attachment Details module of the Insert Media page, before or after embedding the image.

A caption may be added in the caption box of the Attachment Details module, or with the Insert/edit tool.

• @pasteff

It looks like you have password protected each of your posts so we volunteers cannot look at what you are doing when you “embed” your pictures. Would it be possible for you to make a test post not password protected so we can see what you are doing? A post with text and a random picture just as you are doing for your other posts? Then provide us a link to that post as a test?

• The topic ‘Why does editing the pictures not work anymore/as before?’ is closed to new replies.