Why are the options in my account settings page blocked by a gravatar picture?

• I’m using s4. I also have a problem clicking into individual site when I’m at the ‘switch site’ option. I click on JML, and it doesn’t change much. I click on my other blog LJE34 and same thing happens. I even tried clicking on stats but the page doesn’t load. It won’t bring up those pages and I can only see it if I go to those pages when I click on ‘word admin’. Could this problem be caused by spam followers? Maybe i have a virus?

• New update: I clicked on the “visit old stats page” and it brings up my stats. But that still doesn’t fix the other problems..

• Hi!

I don’t think these issues are caused by a virus or spam followers. I’m thinking it may be some sort of browser setting or version incompatibility. I know you mentioned you’re using an S4. Do you happen to know what version of Android you’re using? That will help me to determine what browser version you’re using. For reference, the Android operating system versions are referred to with names like KitKat and Jelly Bean. There’s a full list of operating systems here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

Do you happen to know which one you’re using?

• It’s 4.4.2. When I looked under settings and android version, it didn’t say a name but those numbers..

• Hi @ljejld,

We’re trying to reproduce this, but having hard time with an S4 on both Chrome and the default Internet. Still working on this though!

In the meantime, have you tried out our Android app? You can find a download link here:

https://apps.wordpress.org/

Unfortunately, it will not have options for resetting your password, but it may help you navigate your posts and pages a bit better.

• Thanks for trying. Will it let me change my other account options?

• The app will primarily allow you to edit, upload, and read posts rather than change your account settings. I know this isn’t terribly helpful at the current moment.

Could you try downloading Firefox as well on your Android phone? I know this is frustrating to download multiple browsers just to use WordPress.com. Since we’re unable to reproduce, figuring out what is causing this and fixing the issue are a bit more difficult.

• The topic ‘Why are the options in my account settings page blocked by a gravatar picture?’ is closed to new replies.