What is this feature?

• When you visit this URL: https://evilisk.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/reimuexstand1.gif, the server can sends you:
    -The image itself, or;
    -The HTML ‘wrapper’ with the image shown (see the wordpress logo on the top-left, some buttons on the bottom)

Looking at the image’s URL, is the same URL as the HTML wrapper page, and when visiting the URL directly, loads the image itself, until you refresh it, then will render the HTML instead. Can you please explain why is there two different data loaded? I’ve seen this happen on tumblr.

WP.com: Unknown
    Jetpack: Unknown
    Correct account: Unknown

• I’m here just to question about this feature since I think a wordpress account is required just to contact wordpress community.

• Looking at the image’s URL, is the same URL as the HTML wrapper page, and when visiting the URL directly, loads the image itself, until you refresh it, then will render the HTML instead. Can you please explain why is there two different data loaded? I’ve seen this happen on tumblr.

That “wrapper” is only shown on media hosted on free WordPress.com sites. If the site owner has a paid plan, the “wrapper” is removed.

I hope that clarifies things!

• Oh, I see, it is like a trial version of a software (gamemaker/screencasting software’s watermark, unity’s “Made with unity” etc.) that shows the company’s product/service sponsorship.

It’s causing a problem when archiving pages to the wayback machine. When saving pages, it results the WBM version having blank images (broken image icon) as the system tries to save a webpage instead of the image. This means if a webpage or site goes down, only the page content is on the WBM, which is especially problematic if the page’s image contains important information (graphs, schematics, etc.) not preserved on there. Can you fix this so that images are loaded to the WBM?

• I understand what you mean! I’m looking into passing that feedback on to the relevant team, thank you for bringing it up.

• The topic ‘What is this feature?’ is closed to new replies.