What are the most popular themes on wp.com?

• This may be an idle question, but I am wondering if WordPress.com publishes any statistics about how many bloggers use each theme.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I’ve never seen anything.

• yeah, I haven’t seen anything but I’d have a feeling Kubrick might be one of the most popular. I’d love to see such a list though, hopefully they’ll think about creating one.

• No, I have not either.

I’m just curious. Many of you long-time and more expert volunteers than I, may have an impression about which themes you have seen most frequently. I only look at questions that I might know about, and I’m not an expert on many problems/questions.
    But, lately when I answer questions here, it seems that I see a great many black themes. Especially ChaoticSoul. (???—that is my own taste coming through)

As I said, it’s idle curiosity about what most bloggers want in a theme. They all did a great job updating to this latest version of wp.com, and I suppose I’d just like to see some polling about features for new themes. Starting with info volunteers have about what folks are looking for would be a good place to start.

Likely you know “talking through hat?”

• It’s a good question, tess (and far more interesting than penguin crap and adsense questions). I see a lot of Digg, Misty, Cutline and lately, the new one, whatever it’s called, the sort of magaziney one.

And you’re right about Chaotic Soul, all the dark themes really. I find white type on black very hard to read, but I don’t think I’m the target demographic for most of those blogs. :)

• Yeah, for some reason I’ve seen the darker themes catching on. I’ve actually been seeing quite a few more blogs using the Redoable Lite theme.

• The top ten themes are, in descending order:

Chaoticsoul
    Mistylook
    Cutline
    Contempt
    Black-letterhead
    Ocean-mist
    Freshy
    Ambiru
    Digg3
    Benevolence

• Thanks, tellyworth!

• oh, wow, so there is a list and one of my guesses weren’t on the list! lol
    I’m not surprised Chaoticsoul would be at the top, but I absolutely loved the Contempt theme when I 1st came to wordpress.

• I’ve never seen it posted before, but I suspected they would, or could pull that information out of the system if they chose.

• It would only make sense.

This pretty much mirrors what I see when I teach, except that at first EVERYONE wants Ocean Mist, because the header pic is so pretty. Once they do a custom header, then they start switching themes and making decisions based on the functionality rather than the header.

• Yes, Misty, Cutline,Chaotic, and the new one, Vigilance, are all themes I see questions about often.
    I agree that the black themes are hard to read and hard on the eyes, especially when you click again to a white background. My eyes give me a headache.

Now which themes are the least used?
    Sweet Blossoms, Banana Smoothie, Vermilion Christmas, Iceburgg…

• The topic ‘What are the most popular themes on wp.com?’ is closed to new replies.