Weird Email supposedly from WordPress

• I would like feedback on a weird email I just got. This is the text. It claims to be from WordPress, but has a gmail address and a google address. Is this anything to do with WordPress or some form of spam?
    Home School Diaries

Hello world!

Posted: 08 Mar 2017 04:12 AM PST

Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
    You are subscribed to email updates from My Blog.
    To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. Email delivery powered by Google
    Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I will type modlook into the sidebar tags on this thread for a Staff follow-up. How do I get a Moderator/Staff reply for my question? https://en.support.wordpress.com/getting-help-in-the-forums/#how-do-i-get-a-moderatorstaff-reply-for-my-question Also subscribe to this thread so you are notified when they respond and be patient while waiting. To subscribe look in the sidebar of this thread, find the subscribe to topics link and click it.

• It looks like an email subscription for a blog where someone published a post with placeholder content. It’s really hard to tell if it’s a legit message or not just by looking at the text from the email though.

I would say you are safe to ignore it in any case. If you are ever unsure about the source of an email, delete it and go through the website’s admin pages to edit if you need to make any changes to your site.

• The topic ‘Weird Email supposedly from WordPress’ is closed to new replies.