Visual Editor Removes Linked Image URL During Save or Preview

• When I create a new post and try to link images from my Photoshelter site into it, the visual editor seems to remove the Image URL, but does not remove the Link Image To URL. This happens when I save as draft or hit the preview button. In my post preview, I only see the last line of html code and no picture (but this line of code is an active link). I’ve had no problem linking images into previous posts. Is this a new glitch, or am I missing something?

Thank you.

http://westernriverimages.wordpress.com

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• It could well be a glitch; there is a workaround here.

I would also suggest filing a support ticket with full details of your browser, OS etc. to make sure staff are aware of the situation.

• I seem to have traced the problem to my browser, Safari 5.0.5. Today, I tried linking images to my post with both Firefox and Explorer and they work perfectly. The images I link show up just fine when I hit the preview button, and they stay there after I hit the save as draft button. I’ll just use Firefox and move forward. BTW, I did clear the Safari cache and history, and did a restart, but it didn’t help.

Thanks.

• I’m on Safari 5.0.5 on Mac and cannot reproduce this problem. If I link an image, it stays linked when I go to the preview, or if I save or publish, and if I switch back and forth from the visual tab to the HTML tab and back.

How are you putting the links onto the images?

• The topic ‘Visual Editor Removes Linked Image URL During Save or Preview’ is closed to new replies.