visitors receive message saying my domain expired, but it hasn't

• My primary domain is “kidscoloringforacause.org”. It is already mapped. This week, I intentionally allowed several domains linked to my primary domain expire (we realized we don’t need them). But now people are telling me they cannot access the primary domain when they type in “kidscoloringforacause.org” (which is set to autorenew in January). They get a “domain is expired” message. Is there something in the settings I need to do to fix this? Thank so much for any help you can provide!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• While logged into the account, on the notice that says “Oh no! 4 domains from this blog have expired!”, click the “Cancel this domain” link. If the expiration notice still appears after doing that, close your browser completely, restart it and visit the page that had the notice/banner.

Another option: Log into the WordPress.com account that you used to buy the upgrade. From your Dashboard go to Store > My Upgrades. Next to the domain, click the cog icon, then click the cancel link. Here’s more info about cancelling upgrades: https://en.support.wordpress.com/my-upgrades/#canceling-upgrades

If neither of those work, add “modlook” to the tags for this thread to let WordPress.com staff know that you need assistance with this issue.

• Thank you so much! I tried both options. The “cancel this domain link” did not work. The other (Store->My upgrades) option leads me to a list but there is no cog icon to click on. The only item that seemed like a potential clickable lead said “cancellation info” but only tells me how to “transfer to another registrar” or “change the nameserver”. Nowhere is there a place I can just click to cancel. I am a bit nervous, as I want to cancel a few domains, but keep others intact, and I am so grateful for your reply. Thank you! Per your suggestion, I will also try to figure out how to add “modlook” to the tags.

• Just added modlook to the tags. Thanks!

• Hi Kristi,

I see that Melanie helped you via email with your domains. To avoid confusion, if you have any more questions please reply to Melanie’s email and she can continue helping you there. :)

• The topic ‘visitors receive message saying my domain expired, but it hasn't’ is closed to new replies.