Vimeo not embedded as player, shows as link

• I embedded a Vimeo video on one of my posts. It looks fine in the preview, but when I made the post go live, it turns out that it’s not embedded as a video player, but as a URL link that says “https://player.vimeo.com/video/[parameters]”.

I was sure I followed the steps properly. Do I need to have a premium/paid account to get the video player to appear properly?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hello there! If you’re looking to embed videos from Vimeo into your WordPress.com blog, you don’t necessarily need to upgrade your WordPress.com plan to do so. Upgrading your WordPress.com plan offers various additional features and benefits, but embedding videos from Vimeo is available to users on the Free plan as well.

If you need more detailed guidance on how to embed Vimeo videos into your WordPress.com blog, you can refer to the official WordPress.com support page:

WP
    Working With Video » Vimeo
    2 min read
    To quickly embed a Vimeo video, copy the video’s URL from your web browser’s address bar while viewing the video, paste it on a line by itself in your post/page editor, and we take care of the rest! Get Vimeo Link Embed using the Block Editor Go to My Sites → Posts or My Sites → Pages. Edit the Page or Post where you want to add the Vimeo video. To create a new post or page,

This support page provides step-by-step instructions and additional information to help you seamlessly integrate Vimeo videos into your blog posts. Following these instructions should make the embedding process a breeze.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask! Happy blogging! 📹😊

• Hi @shokuhouseiken Was this the most recent post? If not, would you be able to share which post the video was added to? We can better check it over that way!

As it is, you can absolutely embed Vimeo videos using a free site/blog – it sounds like what you’re seeing may possibly be some kind of glitch so it’s worth looking into.

With reference to your most recent post, if you adjust the embed so that it uses the following link instead, do you find that works?

https://player.vimeo.com/video/834436207

• @staff-95percentghost: Oh thank you! That worked. I wonder what went wrong before. Did I maybe copy the wrong embed link or something?

• Hey there,

Glad to see that!

That worked. I wonder what went wrong before. Did I maybe copy the wrong embed link or something?

It’s totally possible, did you keep the link within speech marks? ( ” ” )

If yes, that could totally affect how the video embeds.

I hope this is useful information.

• The topic ‘Vimeo not embedded as player, shows as link’ is closed to new replies.