Viewing Scheduled Blog Posts Before Publishing

• Hi everyone!

I’m working on a new website for my art and photography. I’m building gallery and exhibit pages for this content. Some of these posts are being scheduled to post at a future date.

My question is regarding viewing a post after I have set it up for publishing. I understand I can view a post before it is posted to the blog on the date/time I selected, but can outside viewers view the post the same way (by outside viewers, I mean normal site visitors that wouldn’t be logged into my account)?

I ask this question because while building these posts, I would like to be able to link to them, and tell viewers somewhere on the site that they could see posts in advance of scheduling if they click links I set up if this is possible?

Thanks for your help, and I hope I made some sense with my explanation and question.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Just checking back in on this. I’ve been testing, and it appears that the post does not actually apply the full url to a post until it has actually published. It only has a preview link until published. So I guess the answer is no for visitors being able to view scheduled posts until published. I’m sorry if I wasted anyone’s time.

• Hey @dtpiixart I’m not sure what page on your site you’re listing those posts, but have you considered using a “Latest Posts Block” or similar? That would automatically populate with your scheduled posts after they are published.

• Hey @dtpiixart I’m not sure what page on your site you’re listing those posts, but have you considered using a “Latest Posts Block” or similar? That would automatically populate with your scheduled posts after they are published.

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m well aware of the latest posts block, but that wouldn’t serve the actual purpose I had hoped, but I am probably going to add that block to my sidebar eventually anyway as I’m building the site.

I had hoped that I would be able to link to the scheduled posts on my Exhibits page, and from there visitors could see those posts before they actually post as scheduled, but WordPress does not produce a post url other than the preview url for scheduled posts until after a post is actually published. Visitors would not be able to view those.

I found a work around for what I wanted originally though and it works out nicely since I am basically building two forms of a gallery on the blog. My Exhibit posts are for posting new art and photos, along with some randomly previous posted content underneath. I realized I can build my Gallery pages in chronological order which would contain the art and photos as I add them to my scheduled Exhibit posts. So even though I may have some scheduled posts for Exhibits that haven’t published yet, my site visitors can find the latest art and photos in my Gallery posts. I appreciate your help!

• The topic ‘Viewing Scheduled Blog Posts Before Publishing’ is closed to new replies.