URL of site blocked by Cisco Umbrella

• At work, we have a Cisco Umbrella security service in our firewall that suddenly started blocking access to my site today.

You can see what happens when I try to go to the site here: https://avantmusicnews.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/screenshot-2018-10-10-20-44-06.png

Access to the site works fine from home, public Wifi, and cellular service so far. So I do not know if this is a local issue with work’s firewall or if there is more widespread blocking.

Any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks,
    Mike

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi Mike,

This seems to be a access control deployed on your work network. Since the site is accessible from other networks. I am able to see it too, so that does not seem to be a widespread blocking.

You can request your admin to unblock this URL if you wish to access it from your work network.

I hope this help, please feel free to reply back to this thread if you need any further assistance regarding this.

Regards,

• Thanks for the reply. It seems to be resolved now, though I still do not know why it was blocked or whether my complaints made a difference.

• The topic ‘URL of site blocked by Cisco Umbrella’ is closed to new replies.