Uploading chat and videos

• I am new to WordPress and I want to add a chat from Chatango, but it will not let me when I put the embed code in for it. It would just come up with everything blank on the post. The same thing with uploading videos from like YouTube it will not let me upload the embed codes. Please someone tell me how to do this!

• ok I think wordpress.com will not let your run java codes, that is third party code. you can only use what wordpress provides for you, that is the widgets, i don’t know if they have widgets for chat.

for videos i think when you post or write, there should be a button right on the top of editing window, there’s like whole row of them grayed out, one for image, for video, and so on, you should be able to find a youtube option,

[sig removed – Mark]

• bpnoy: Appending an url as a regular signature is considered inappropriate here.

• Meebo is what is offered for chat at this time.

• You can offer videos from formats that are not approved, as well as all kinds of embeds, using the Vodpod widget and/or button in your blog. Universalgeni has many threads on this and a search may turn them up. It’s hard to think of something that CANNOT be put in the blog using Vodpod, but chat might be beyond its capabilities.

• The topic ‘Uploading chat and videos’ is closed to new replies.