Upgrade Renewal Notices??

• What notices should be sent for upgrade renewals? Both for Automatic & Manual renewals

I thought the notices were to go out at least 60 days before the renewal dates?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there!

One of the Store Happiness Engineers is going to confirm this with the devs on Monday, but I’m pretty sure you should get a notice at 90, 60, 30, 14, 5, and 2 days before the expiration date of your upgrade. Did you not get some of the earlier notices?

• What notices – I have recieved NO notices for my site captnmike.wordpress.com – and should be notices for saildude.wordpress.com, also which have not been sent –

Judging from the support forum this is broken, since we get a string of “WTF unauthorized charge” threads for money taken out of their account when they forgot to turn off the auto renew

And a fair number of “why was I not notified and why the heck do you want $ 80.- extra for domain renewal (fill in expletive deleted here) – and the poor sods have to pay extra for no renewal notice sent out

just a note – this was broken a year ago and I was missing a bunch of notices – I think I maybe got one at 14 days last year – so still broken

thanks

• Thanks for mentioning this. We’ve checked in with the developers and the dates I gave you were correct. There’s some slight variation between domain upgrades and other types of upgrades and also between upgrades that are expiring versus upgrades that are going to automatically renew. But for the most part, notices go out 60, 30, 14, 5, and 2 days before the date of expiration or renewal.

As for your emails, it looks like the only upcoming expiration is for your Domain Mapping upgrade for captnmike.com, which expires on October 3rd and is setup for Auto Renew. Since its set up for auto renew, it will be renewed 30 days before it expires, September 3rd, and we skip the earliest reminders. You should get an email about this upgrade around August 21st.

Does that clear things up for you?

We do see a lot of emails from people who are surprised about their upgrades renewing or expiring. As far as I can tell, this happens regardless of how many emails we send. We can always look up the emails we send on our end.

I can assure you since I’ve been digging around today we’ve sent thousands of emails about upgrades today, about 10-12 emails per minute all day long.

I hope this helps! :)

• The topic ‘Upgrade Renewal Notices??’ is closed to new replies.