Unagreed Charges to bank account

• I just so happened to notice that I was billed a $99 fee for this program back in June of 2017. I would never have signed up for a service that was nearly $100. There was never any sort of agreement signed or noted about said charges. I also noticed in my account settings it clearly states my account is the FREE version. I’ve not ever upgraded to anything to deserve being charged this monstrosity of an amount. Please can we do something?! This is Freud. And I dknt like it one bit.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi @dewrightphotography.

You have a modlook tag in the sidebar, so a staff member will take a look for you and get back to you soon.

If you want to look into this on your own while you wait there are a few places you can check to see why you were charged. You can check your billing history to see the receipt if the charge is connected to the account you are logged into.

You can also fill out the information you have from the charge on the “Why Was I Charged?” page to investigate things further.

• Hi there,

Our logs show you purchased a Premium Plan and domain mapping upgrade on 8 June 2017. You again cancelled those upgrades on 21 June, and received a partial refund of $86 – the cost of the domain mapping was not refunded. You can see receipts for both these transactions in the billing history for your account, here:

https://wordpress.com/me/purchases/billing/

At this point it is no longer possible to refund the $13 that was not refunded at that time.

I’ve not ever upgraded to anything

If you did not purchase that upgrade, it was someone with access to both your WordPress.com account and your credit card. It’s impossible for us to have charged you without you first providing us with your credit card details, and we only collect that details on the checkout screen during an upgrade purchase.

• This is my account however I never remember agreeing to a premium plan. I did have my identity stolen and had to get new cards and everything it was a complete mess! There were multiple different charges to my account and I was for sure I had gotten everything refunded and squared away. But if Word Press attempted tl refund anything to that card it got declined because of the suspicious activity. So I guess my question now is what do I do about this charge??? Is the account I have currently a free account or are there premiums every year etc. If your services cost something I will just delete my account no issue.

• A refund cannot be declined. Refunds are made to the same card that was used to make the original purchase, and it’s your bank or credit card company’s responsibility to ensure that is routed to your new card in a case where you had to cancel the card in question.

So if you never received that refund, please follow up with the bank directly in that regard. You can use our payment processor’s transaction ID for the refund transaction, that appears in the refund receipt at https://wordpress.com/me/purchases/billing/23893246, as a reference.

You can also check the credit card info for the card that was used for the purchase in that receipt.

You don’t currently own any upgrades on WordPress.com, and we will not charge you for anything unless you purchase one again. You can also remove the credit card currently on file for your account from the Billing History page.

• The topic ‘Unagreed Charges to bank account’ is closed to new replies.