Twitter republishing

• Recently I reconfigured my settings to permit the new facebook auto publishing and to enable the twitter publication. The Facebook works fine, but when I publish my post, I am prompted to allow the an interface between WordPress and Twitter to accomplish the same thing. When I do authorize it, I get a Twitter prompt that says that the link is no longer any good. How do I do this then?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• 1. Log into your WordPress.com blog. Go to your blog’s dashboard -> My Blogs -> uncheck “Twitter” under “Publicize”.
    (On the “My Blogs” page, make sure you’re looking at the correct row for the blog in question.)

2. Reload the page and confirm that the twitter checkbox is unchecked.

3. Clear your browser’s cookies (this clears some cookies that twitter sets which I think are causing part of the problem).
    Google has a good tutorial on how to clear your browser’s cookies for any browser:

http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050

4. Log *back* into your WordPress.com blog. Go to your blog’s dashboard -> My Blogs -> *reclick* “Twitter” under “Publicize”.

5. Wait for the popup to appear that asks you to “Authorize connection with Twitter”. Click that button.

6. Sign in to Twitter and click “Allow”.

• Thanks a million. This worked perfectly!

• The topic ‘Twitter republishing’ is closed to new replies.