Translate template to another language

• Hi, just set up the system and need to change some strings from template into a foreign language. Saw something called translate.wordpress.com, but didn’t find Icelandic in there (could easily translate if I had access to it). Can anybody help me to change template from English to my native language?

• Ryan is the wordpress.com staff member working on the translation project. Perhaps sending him an email a support (at) wordpress (dot) com is the best approach to take.

• I note that you say “just set up the system” We don’t set up anything here at wp.com? Are you hosted elsewhere. if so, you need to be over at http://wordpress.org although they’re just going to tell you to edit the theme.

If you do have a blog here at wp.com, I’d suggest sending in an email like TT mentions.

• So right, no real set-up :) I’m using the free blog. Did not realise until afterwards, that I could not translate the themes – which frustrates me. Don’t really like half being in English and half in my native tongue.

But thanks for the advise :) and of course if anyone has come up with a solution to this problem, please let me know.

• Um, solution is to send in a feedback like stated as ask Ryan to look into the matter. :)

• The topic ‘Translate template to another language’ is closed to new replies.