Transferring my domain name to word press

• Hello! A week ago a purchased my domain name and whenever I tried to transfer to my word press it said that newly-registered domains are not eligible for transfer and that it can be transferred starting November 13, 2018. I do not see why this is the case if I’m laying for a year of word press, so that is 2 months I have to wait to be able to use my domain name. If I can get any help and clarification on what to do would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

Since you just purchased your domain name elsewhere last week, I would recommend Domain Mapping to get your domain connected to your WordPress.com site without delay. (Domains cannot be moved from one registrar to another within 60 days of registration, that is a an ICANN domain registration rule, not anything to do with WordPress.com)

Here is a link that will explain Mapping your Domain:
    https://en.support.wordpress.com/domains/map-existing-domain/

Can you please list the domain name below? This will allow staff to help you better. Since you have a paid account, a domain map is included with your account. I will tag this with a modlook so that you can get some help with this.

Best wishes with your new site!

• Hi there,

This is a regulation enforced by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), the organisation that regulates all domain names on the web. No matter where you buy a domain, you cannot transfer the domain to another provider for 60 days after purchase, and also not for 60 days after a prior transfer.

But you can still use the domain with your WordPress.com site immediately using our domain mapping option @deenam mentioned above.

If you purchase a plan now and map the domain here, you’ll be able to transfer the domain at no additional cost once it becomes eligible in November.

• The topic ‘Transferring my domain name to word press’ is closed to new replies.