Transferring Domain

• I am trying to transfer my domain out of WordPress to Squarespace. I am having trouble and it keeps getting denied because of the private registration. Is there a way to keep my WHOIS info private while I transfer my domain? Seems like a pretty big security risk to not be able to do so. Thank you for any assistance you can offer with this process!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hey there,

Is there a way to keep my WHOIS info private while I transfer my domain? Seems like a pretty big security risk to not be able to do so.

For a .com domain you should be okay actually. Basically GDPR changed how that works. We have more on that here:

WP
    Domains » Transfer a Domain to Another Registrar
    4 min read
    While you can use your WordPress.com domain with any platform by updating the name servers, you can transfer your domain to another provider if you wish. This guide explains how to transfer a domain registered with WordPress.com to another provider (known as a registrar). Before You Get Started Domain transfers can take anywhere from five to seven days to complete. If you would like your d
  • The topic ‘Transferring Domain’ is closed to new replies.