Transferring a domain from my registrar to WP

• I’m about to purchase domain forwarding from the dashboard, but my domain name is about to expire. I’d like to transfer the domain name registry to wordpress.com. I have the EPP transfer code in my hand, and I want to do the transfer ASAP.

* Are domain transfers possible, or is it just new domains?
    * Will the transfer cost the same as a new domain does on WP?
    * If it is possible, why can’t I see the process walkthrough/FAQ anywhere? Did I miss out on a link? :(

I’d like to finish this headache as soon as possible – I know what people say about the “freedom of self-hosted blogs” – but it’s just a headache I can do without right about now.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Maybe you can re-new it i don’t know what you are trying to say. Im preety good at domains and stuff. But what do you mean? Transfer it to another blog? Re-new it? I would say contact wordpress

• I am having the same problem. I would think transferring my domain from another registrar would be easier. Finding what seems like should be a simple answer has proved to be impossible. Please update your domain mapping and management instructions to include clear information about how to transfer domain registration from another registrar. I have found myself in an endless loop wasting my time.

• Hello

I just wanted to keep this thread fresh, as I am having the same problem.

I am now dealing with 3 systems. My domain registrar, WP and Google, to see how I can get my emails back..

I get nearly 100 emails per day and haven’t received any since Sunday when I changed the DNS settings with my registrar :o(

Does anyone know “If I transfer my domain to WP.com, can I then set up my emails at Google apps?

According to Google I need to change the CNAME with the Registrar, but WP say I can’t change this with them here http://support.wordpress.com/domain-mapping/domain-management/

I am now completely lost as to how to get my emails back, without undoing everything and not having a different domain name which doesn’t affect my emails :(

• I have the same problem as janefinch. Would really appreciate any help. (email visible only to moderators and staff)

• The topic ‘Transferring a domain from my registrar to WP’ is closed to new replies.