TOS Question for Staff

• A small group that I belong to is thinking about moving their web site from a plain html site to a WordPress.COM site to get the advantage of the WordPress software and to reach a wider viewing public (SEO here is great if done properly)

the only question I have is about one page for sponsors – I think it is OK here as I have seen the staff OK these type of pages in the past – this is just a list with contact info of companies that have supported the group in the past by donating items for a fund raiser –

they don’t sell ads on their site, no display ad looking things with links etc. The site is so low traffic that nobody in their right mind would by an ad on it anyway

I have seen sports groups do this here, athletes that listed the shop that gave them tires for their bicycle (or car or gocart) etc and over the years the staff were OK with this – but since I would be setting the site up I just wanted to double check before making the final recommendation – and yes I have went through the TOS links

thanks much

I have a link to the existing page below

http://pugetsoundcruisingclub.org/supporters.html

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi @auxclass, our terms of service team is the final judge on this kind of question, but I can say in your case it won’t be a problem. As long as the site doesn’t exist simply to link out to other sites, and it’s clear your site has more purpose than that, you should be fine. Cheers!

• Thanks – I thought Their site (not my captnmike.com) would be fine but wanted to double check a bit – would be embarrassing to make the move then have an issue with the TOS

Thanks much

• No problem. If you need any help with it, just ping us. :)

• The topic ‘TOS Question for Staff’ is closed to new replies.