Titles too long for mobile viewing

• Hi. Many of my titles look bad on mobile because words break halfway through and look ugly on mobile, like this one for example:

Hollywood’s Year of Change

How can I fix this?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hey there –

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. I’ve looked over your site on a mobile view and can appreciate what you’ve mentioned about the titles not fitting properly.

The theme demo doesn’t have this issue. You can check that mobile view out with this link: https://rainfalldemo.wordpress.com/

Can you share more details about what sort of changes you’ve tried to make on your post titles in the past and if those had any impact on the mobile display? I’m happy to edit one with your permission and see what we can figure out, too. Just let me know which post is okay to change.

• I don’t like the way words get cut in half for mobile viewing. So, in the example I sent, the title is just butchered by the mobile display to a ridiculous degree.

• @qjarzynski it looks like your “posts” section uses much bigger fonts than the posts section on the demo. And there’s no great way to write longer words with letters that big across a small screen, so would you want to maybe reduce the font size a little?

If so, you can jump into the editor (click here for a quick link), click on the title of one of the posts, and do one of a few things:

• You could change the font size for Post Title. Use the Block Settings while you have the Post Title selected.
    • Since individual posts also have long titles and big fonts, you can reduce the font there as well by editing the Single Page Template.
    • For the front page, you could just replace the Query Loop. Use the list view on the left, click Query Loop, then choose Replace and pick a different pattern. All of the patterns can be customized.

Does that help? If not, what do you have in mind?

• Thank you! This seems to be a fix to my issues for now, I appreciate the help.

• The topic ‘Titles too long for mobile viewing’ is closed to new replies.