Themes Display Problem

• No matter what I do, every page of every theme I have tried displays the full menu of pages on each page of my website. How to I make the menu display go away? I have deleted all menus from my website and it still persists.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

Some WordPress.com themes display a default pages menu, and others have a default custom menu displayed at creation. Solutions:

case 1. If it’s a default pages menu, the way to remove it without disturbing your pages is to replace it with a custom menu. You needn’t have any items in the custom menu. See the Custom Menus support page.

case 2. If you have a default custom menu displayed, then you may remove any and all items in the menu as described in the Delete Menu Items section of the Custom Menus support page. Once all items are deleted the menu will still be set to display, but there will be no items to display.

Deleting items from a custom menu has no effect upon the page, post, etc. that it links to. Menu items are just links, so deleting a menu item only deletes a link.

• Correction:

“Deleting a menu item from a custom menu has no effect upon the page, post, etc. that it links to.”

• The topic ‘Themes Display Problem’ is closed to new replies.