[Theme] Singler – Create template

• Hello,

I am trying to create templates for error and post pages. The site is hosted on wordpress.com and I have a block called “template part” where it asks me type a name for the template and create it.

But the problem is, the create button does nothing. I can not create a “template part”.

So my question is: Is it possible to create template in premium plan?

Another question: what happens if I change my theme to blank (which might include templates)? Will I mess everthing up? 😅

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi @macmnx

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I do not have “template” section of page properties/settings :/

• Can you let us know what page draft you’re trying to set up as a template? Users designated as Staff in the forums are WordPress.com staff and can look at your site’s backend to see what might be happening here.

Once we have that information, we’ll be better able to advise. Thanks!

• Hi csonnek!

I have a draft page called as “Home” where I’ve tried to use the template part block in block editor. However, that didn’t work at all.

That draft page doesn’t have any template section in the page settings. (None of pages have that either)

• Hi there,

The theme you have activated on your site is a minimalist theme, designed for single-page websites and it doesn’t support templates. To be able to create templates you need to activate a different theme.

Please note that any custom block templates created are theme-dependent, meaning that if you switch themes, your templates will not transfer over.

• The topic ‘[Theme] Singler – Create template’ is closed to new replies.