Theme Reset

• I just registered this site. The site originally had the Twenty Sixteen theme enabled and I activated P2 (Breathe), which has resulted in a love child of the two that no one really loves.

Is it possible to reset the P2 (Breathe) theme to its default?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

Is it possible to reset the P2 (Breathe) theme to its default?

I’m afraid there isn’t an option to reset this theme back to its default settings.

Which aspects are you unhappy with? I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction :)

• In the Customizer I can’t find the special P2 widgets mentioned nor do I see that the front end editor is working.

OK-I found the setting to enable front end editing and enabling it (and exiting the Customizer) seems to have pushed something somewhere because the 2 special o2 widgets have now shown up as choices where before they weren’t available even though I had enabled P2 (Breathe).

What could I have done differently to have avoided this mess?

• Hi there,

What could I have done differently to have avoided this mess?

I don’t think there is anything you could have done differently; the themes just have different features — the P2 theme in particular has additional features not supported by other themes. It’s more of a case of finding those features then activating and/or customizing them :)

I see you found the P2 widgets you mentioned. There are a couple of other special widgets available for this theme:

• o2 Filter Widget
    • o2 To Do

If you need help with anything else, just let me know!

• Thanks for the extra info. Those will probably become more relevant when I start adding people as Authors. :)

I guess what I was trying to ask is could I have avoided this theme demo content mish mash by doing something different at site registration? The reason I ask is because I do have another P2 in my registered sites that basically was set up, ready to go with all the P2 special widgets and front end editing active when I registered the site. Granted that was quite some time ago perhaps even before the new dashboard was activated.

• Hi!

The reason I ask is because I do have another P2 in my registered sites that basically was set up, ready to go with all the P2 special widgets and front end editing active

This theme requires front-end editing to be enabled in order to activate certain features — like the P2 widgets. However I’d expect front-end editing to be automatically enabled when the theme is activated. When I activated the theme on my test site, I also had to enable it so I’m going to investigate whether this is a bug with the theme.

• Thanks! That was my thought as well and wondered if the problem lay with the switch from the Twenty Sixteen theme which was originally enabled. L

Looking forward to any update.

• You’re welcome! I’ll submit a bug report but in the meantime you can continue to set up your site and add content.

Happy blogging!

• The topic ‘Theme Reset’ is closed to new replies.