theme holds only 4 pages at top, why cant I add more??

• I have only been able to have 4 pages on my blog, but I would like to add some more, and was hoping I could add them under the current pages to to space. Also, I have my widgets in the default widget area to the right of my blog, but I was wondering if I could have some to the left as well?

I have the matala free theme. If in this theme something like this is not possible, can you recommend a better theme to maximize my material for free (until I raise capital for premium). And if a new theme would be best, would it all just transfer over as I have it widgets and all or would I have to re-do everything?

Sorry! Lots of Q’s I know…

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi trwm4him, you can definitely add additional menu items to your navigation. You’ll have to do it from Appearance>Menus in the left side of your dashboard.

There is a great tutorial on using custom menus here: http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/ This tutorial even includes instructions on adding sub-menus and changing the order of your menu items.

Please let us know if that doesn’t answer your question.

• Thank you I will try. Every attempt to add additional pages has resulted in them not showing up anywhere and I thought it could be the Matala theme functionality.

Will this also enables me to add the additional widget to the left side of my blog?

• Widgets, no. That’s a different issue.

When you save your menu, make sure you check the box for menu location. It’s at the bottom of the screen under your added pages.

Here is a screen shot of my menu page. https://cloudup.com/c-tlAwioB_0

If your new pages still don’t show up, let me know and I’ll dig a little deeper or call in a staffer to help.

• Thank you! I had to have staff help yesterday too lol! I will do what you have suggested and hope I can get it done!! I greatly appreciate your help!

• The topic ‘theme holds only 4 pages at top, why cant I add more??’ is closed to new replies.