Theme Default Fonts Keep Coming Back On Page Load

• I’m looking into purchasing a personal or premium account from Word Press. But I find that every time I reload me page after editing, The default font returns for a second. After it flashes for a second, it shows my edits.

I don’t feel comfortable putting time into creating a site that glitches out my edits and/or fonts when it loads. Other then this major issue, I’m prepared to upgrade to a paid plan if this could be fixed!

Thank you!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Volunteers cannot view private blogs and we do not request access to them. Staff can view private blog content and if you need their help you can type modlook into the sidebar tags on this thread for a Staff follow-up. How do I get a Moderator/Staff reply for my question? https://en.support.wordpress.com/getting-help-in-the-forums/#how-do-i-get-a-moderatorstaff-reply-for-my-question Also subscribe to this thread so you are notified when they respond and be patient while waiting. To subscribe look in the sidebar of this thread, find the subscribe to topics link and click it.

• Just changed to hidden. Now anyone could access the site and help!

Thank you!

• Just changed to hidden. Now anyone could access the site and help!

Thank you!

• Hi there,

This is normal. When your site loads, the custom font loads last. We load the theme’s default font first, so people with a slower connection don’t need to sit staring at a blank screen while waiting for the font to load. On faster connections everything should happen quickly enough that you don’t see the default font, but it can appear in a brief flash like you’re seeing in some cases.

If you upgrade to Premium you can prevent that, though, by adding a bit of custom CSS that prevents the default font from loading in the first place:

.wf-loading body {
    visibility: hidden;
    }
  • The topic ‘Theme Default Fonts Keep Coming Back On Page Load’ is closed to new replies.