The ability to preview a comment before submitting it, at least if LaTeX is used

• Being able to preview a comment to see if any errors exist would be particularly useful, particularly when LaTeX is parsed within the comment.
    One can use external software such as TeXstudio, yet ( the fact that WordPress comments may include characters special to LaTeX such as $,{ ) and (the need to find&replace \( and\) with $latex and$ respectively or something similar) causes the process to be tedious.
    A native WordPress comment preview option would conveniently solve these problems.

• How do I use a left quote on this site?

• Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ll add it to our feature request list.

How do I use a left quote on this site?

Are you referring to the backtick character, typically next to “z” or “1”, depending on the keyboard? Computers don’t see that character as a quotation mark, and here in the forums specifically that character is used to denote a code block, i.e. it allows you to paste code, particularly HTML, in the forums without the code getting rendered.

The forums use straight quotes, so there’s no left/right or opening/closing quotes here.

• I realize the left quote is used for code blocks. How do I escape the character for when I want to use it without a code block? Testing Testing \`
    Anyway, LaTeX comment previews would be appreciated.

• Good morning –

How do I escape the character for when I want to use it without a code block?

If you only use the character ` with out a matched closing character it should work. Does that help?

• No, because I like using it on the left(and only the left) every quote. E.g. `This may look fine, yet will be ruined as soon as a second quote is used.’.

• Can you use the code block here to share exactly what you’re trying to type? We’ll test it on our end to see if we can get the result you want.

• The topic ‘The ability to preview a comment before submitting it, at least if LaTeX is used’ is closed to new replies.