Thankyou to all

• Well I decide to take the jump and move my blog to a new domain. It will still be a wordpress blog, but obviously I will not be able to use this support forum and will have to pack up and move to the other one.

I would just like to thank everyone for the help they have offered in the past, especially Timethief and drmike.

If anyone has any advice on how to move properly then it will be much appreciated. I am moving to host Compila (uk) based on a recommendation as they have a wordpress automatic setup plugin and I want to make it as painless as possible.

So anyway thats it really. Thankyou for your help and good luck with your blogs/support or whatever you do and if anyone wants to ever pop by, my new address will be http://www.spritesandbites.net its not live yet. I expect transition by the end of the week.

• All my best to you bec. :)

• *sniff* They grow up so fast. Seems like just yesterday becs was just knee high to a grasshopper. *sniff*

:)

Good luck,
    -drmike

• I am still knee high to a grasshopper :-)
    Well everything went fine. Those guys at install4free are brilliant.

What did surprise me though is that my blog is still here. I thought that the transfer would take it away.

So now what to do with old blog? Should I keep it up or just delete it?

• There is an option to delete it, if that’s what you want to do -> dashboard -> options -> delete blog. But, on the other hand it’s free so why be hasty? Someday it may be useful to have it.

• Yes I don’t want to be too hasty and I am still getting visitors there.
    Personally I think I made the wrong decision to switch. But I paid my money on the hosting now so don’t want to waste it.

Of course I could have two blogs for different subjects, no rules against it.

• IMO it’s always better to leave the doors open to places where information is exchanged and good will is shared than it is to close them.
    You’re a blogger here and that means you’re welcome here as part of the wordpress community, and there’s a distinct advantage to being able to be part of the information network.
    Many of us have multiple blogs and of course you can place links on new your site to your blogs and visa versa. Take some time to develop your site with this in mind becs because having both the site and the blog here could work in your favour.

• I would suggest putting up a post saying that you’ve moved to the new site. I would leave the old site up myself. Also put in a text widget along the side saying that you’ve moved and make sure you pick a theme that displays the sidebar in each page.

• What host under $5.00 a month would you guys recommend? I’m thinking of maybe hostin gmy own blog because then I can customize my CSS.

• [Deleted a couple of posts – drmike]

I’m afraid that the discussion of hosts is not something staff wants to see over here. You need to be over at http://wordpress.org Also because some of the folks who help out here run their own hosting companies and there’s a big conflict of interest in that type of discussion. :)

If all you need is the ability to customize your CSS, you can do that here at wp.com for $15 a year.

• The topic ‘Thankyou to all’ is closed to new replies.