Tag line background color changed without my permission

• My Tag Line is supposed to be on a black background. It was changed from black to white without my permission or an action on my part. How do I change it back to black?

Thanks.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there!

Is this what you’re trying to change the background on?

If you go to Appearance>Customize>Backgrounds&Colors, you’ll see which site elements you can change from there. Playing with palettes will give you a better idea of what can be modified.

• Thanks for your help. I followed your suggestion. But this does not do what I want. I want to change too black only the Tag Line. Your methd changed to black the background fpr the whole post, whic I must admit is attractive. It is just not what I want.

Any further suggestions?

• I just saw your question which highlighted my tag line. The answer is yes, just the tag line background.

Thanks.

• Thanks for clarifying. That “header” (your site title and tagline) is a single element, so changing the background for that element would change both using the basic Customizer tools.

To change only the tagline background, you would need to have access to the Advanced Customization tools (in Premium and above plans) which would allow you to use CSS to select only the tagline and set a separate background color for that area. Let us know if you decide to upgrade and we can sort out the CSS code you’d need to use to change that.

I will note that the theme your using – P2 Classic – was retired in June 2020, which means it hasn’t been updated to work with the newer versions of the WordPress software, which is probably why the styling changed without you changing it.

• Thanks so much for your help. P@ Classic is a wonderful theme that shold never have been retired. I wold consider changing themes to one with all of the same tools included. I will never use the newer block editor because it does nt afford me the user of all of the .html templates I have built for my blog, nor seemingly my Media image library.

I will look at other themes and see what they afford.

Thanks again.

• The topic ‘Tag line background color changed without my permission’ is closed to new replies.