Support for Uploading OpenDocument?

• Since OpenDocument is a standard and PowerPoint/Word Documents are not(and can contain harmful macro code) it makes great sense to support it as an upload… Thanks!

• Might help if you explained OpenDoc, mentioned the file extention, gave a link, told us what program created it, etc. Only my ex and her mother said I was supposed to read minds. :)

• Hell Yeah!

I vote also for OpenDocument support.

We can upload .doc files, why not .odt?

• Until they do it, it is really easy to use the programs that use that format to export into .doc format and then people have the choice later to put it back into .odt so it really doesn’t matter too much.

Trent

• export into .doc format and then people have the choice later to put it back into .odt so it really doesn’t matter too much

I’m afraid that’s just a workaround.

Many of us would like to use open document format on our favorite libre software WordPress.

• So, send them a feedback and tell them if they want people to take their open source rhetoric seriously, they need to start supporting open formats in addition to proprietary ones.

Given that Matt has recently been shouting about his newfound love for IE7, though, I don’t rate your chances. I don’t think they care so much about looking like OS advocates nowadays.

• The topic ‘Support for Uploading OpenDocument?’ is closed to new replies.