Suggestions to WordPress regarding Larger Images and Space Restrictions

• I have exceeded the amount of space I can use for images, I THINK. The images I upload are loading slowly and it says that the uploads failed. Unfortunately, there are no prompts or anything on my iPhone saying that the images are too large or that I uploaded too many images on my blog. There should be a message shown. The reason I suggest a message is because I wasted a lot of time on this and I thought maybe the programmers were being passive aggressive. You may not realize this, but we’re living in an age where real-time programming and editing on apps and especially video games is an industry norm. As such, it’s important for companies to not seem like they’re doing anything offensive to users. Another thing is, since I have a free site, why doesn’t it resize images to a smaller size anyway? Such as how they do on Blogspot or Blogger. Thanks for reading.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

You’ve so far only used 9% (288MB) of the free 3GB of media upload space available on your site, so the problem is not with the media library or the space available on your site.

Please try force-quitting the app and then completely restart your iPhone. Do the image uploads still fail?

If they do, please open a support ticket directly in the app – tap on the profile icon and select Help & Support. If you tap the Contact Support option from there it will send us some logs from your device that will help our mobile app support team troubleshoot what’s going on here.

Another thing is, since I have a free site, why doesn’t it resize images to a smaller size anyway?

If you’re using the iOS app there’s an option to have it optimize images for you before you upload them to your site. Tap on the profile icon ->App Settings, and you can set the max image upload size there.

But we don’t resize your images or otherwise modify your content in any way after you upload it to your site.

• The topic ‘Suggestions to WordPress regarding Larger Images and Space Restrictions’ is closed to new replies.