[Spearhead Blocks] shows up in subject line from contact form

• I have a site that is not yet launched. I tested the contact form by sending a message to myself. In the email I received, the subject line is “[Spearhead Blocks] Contact” for some reason.

Spearhead Blocks is not my theme. I did try the theme, but I’m not using it right now, I’m using Twenty Eleven. Plus, the name of the theme shouldn’t be showing up in the subject line of emails sent using the contact form. What’s going on??

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I just tried a couple of other contact blocks. When I use those to send a test email to myself, there is no subject line, i.e. the subject line is “(no subject).” That is strange. Why is the particular contact block I am using causing the subject line to be “[Spearhead Blocks] Contact”?

• Hello there,

I can see that were you sent email tests with those subject lines.

What I suspect has happened here, is that when Spearhead was activated, it imported it’s own blocks into the site, with their own settings, and this is why this was received.

This can be changed in the form settings as seen here: https://wordpress.com/support/wordpress-editor/blocks/form-block/#form-block-settings

I can see the page in which these tests were sent are now deleted – are you experiencing this with the new theme and page?

• Yes, I deleted that page and made a new contact page, and it seems to be working properly now. But it’s still good to know how to change that setting. Thank you.

• The topic ‘[Spearhead Blocks] shows up in subject line from contact form’ is closed to new replies.