Space for ‘Add title’ of new blog post is now missing

• Recently, when I create a new blog post on my existing website (stuartmanson.wordpress.com, using Winkel theme) there is no blank ‘Add Title’ space for the title of the new post. The only place to enter text is in the body of the new post.

Why has the blank space for the title disappeared?

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Two weeks later, the same problem persists. The problem is clearly on WordPress’s end. Seems like they changed the theme and inadvertantly added this bug.

(It’s not the only recent bug. When I edit an existing page, most of the fonts changed, including the main text font. This problem occurred at the same time as the missing “add Title” problem.)

As a result, I can’t add to my website, or add new blog posts. It’s been weeks now. Not cool…

• What’s odd is this: When I start a new post, the “Add Title” box briefly appears, but then instantly disappears.

• You might try manually editing the Post template to restore the Title placeholder.

If that doesn’t work or if the theme doesn’t allow such an edit, you could switch themes to something else, and see if the issue persists.

• Hi there,

If you want to reset your current theme’s single post template, you can follow this guide:

WP
    Templates
    7 min read
    A template controls the layout of your pages. Not to be confused with Themes (that set the design of your entire site), the template affects the look and feel of an individual page (or post) or groups of pages (or posts.) This guide explains how to work with page templates. Introduction to Templates The template controls how the page is displayed. You can identify the template a page

If that didn’t bring it back and you tried @parkdanil’s suggestion of switching themes without success, please post back here so we can flag your issue for staff assistance.

• I ended up just changing themes, abandoning Winkel. My new theme – Libretto – works perfectly in this regard. No more of the problem of the “Add Title” section being missing from a post.

I was due for a change anyway.

• The topic ‘Space for ‘Add title’ of new blog post is now missing’ is closed to new replies.