Social Icons Not Showing Up in Sidebar

• Hi,

The social media icons for Pinterest and Tumblr are no longer visible in the sidebar of my blog. (You can access it by clicking on the orange circle at the very bottom of the page.) The icons are supposed to be under the words ‘Join Me’. Right now it’s blank, but if you hover over, you can still click on the Pinterest URL. However the Tumblr URL isn’t able to be detected, even though I never removed it. I’m not sure how long the icons have been this way, it hasn’t been months, that’s for sure.

Can someone please provide some guidance on how to have the social media icons visible again? Thank you!

WP.com: Yes
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hey there, I can’t see what was there before, but I’m not seeing any social media icons at all right now.

Can you try adding a social media icons widget / block again?

• That’s right, there were no social media icons loading at all.

Now I was able to re-add the social icons, so maybe my original one was outdated. It was called “legacy”.

Is there a way to type a short title above the social media icons like before? (For example, above the search bar the title is customized by me to say “Search”).

• Now I was able to re-add the social icons, so maybe my original one was outdated. It was called “legacy”.

Yes, that was likely the issue. Also, the theme itself has not had any updates since 2013, so there’s likely other issues you’ll see down the road as the WordPress software is updated and improved. You might want to consider a newer theme at some point.

Note that if you switch from the theme you’re using now, you would not be able to switch back to it.

Is there a way to type a short title above the social media icons like before? (For example, above the search bar the title is customized by me to say “Search”).

Yes, if you hover over that block until you see a + sign:

…you can click that and type “header” to add a header to that section. However, it does not look like you can choose the same font that the legacy widgets are using since your current theme would not have been updated to use the new blocks that the WordPress software uses now. You might want to skip adding that heading if you continue with your current theme.

I hope that helps!

• Yes, it helps very much. Thank you! :)

• The topic ‘Social Icons Not Showing Up in Sidebar’ is closed to new replies.