Site Maps and Google Web Master Tools Help

• I am attempting to set up Google Webmaster Tools – I am to the step where they are asking me to set up a site map. I have searched the forums for site map and am coming up empty handed.

For WordPress.com sites do we need to submit a site map? Since I am a daily poster this could potentially mean I would have to update it each day and that doesn’t seem logical.

Any assistance is appreciated.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• @readytochangenow
    Stop please and use only the instructions here > http://en.support.wordpress.com/webmaster-tools/ They are the only instructions that apply to WordPress.com blogs. Ignore all others.

Also know that every free hosted WordPress.com blog already has a sitemap automatically submitted to Google – you do nothing.

• For WordPress.com sites do we need to submit a site map?

Already done for you – nothing for you to do – updated automatically each time you make a new Post.

• Stopping, stopping.

I used that topic to verify my site (it worked perfect) but then they were walking me through this 11 step checklist that was way above my head.

I am so relieved I don’t have to do all of that – though I have been reading help files for hours.

I really hate not understanding something. I am closing windows and walking away slowly.

Thank you both.

• Blogging is not relaxing!!!!!!!!

OK – I am going to go put on some nice French Cafe music and do something not blogging related – even though I am wondering why no data was found on my site – I am going to let it go for tonight.

Thank you timethief as always – I am off to breathe and chant :-)

• I never said blogging was relaxing. Anything we do online comes with a heavy addiction risk and newbies go through at least 4 distinct stages I’m considering blogging about. TIP: the minute you notice you are obsessing get up and take walk out in the fresh air – breathe – chant and/or- beat your drum. :)

• Oops! I forgot to share the chant of the liberated blogger with you. Repeat slowly many times until your blood pressure subsides … It’s only a blog.

• LOL – thank you – I do tend to obsess occasionally, once in a while. The fact I am still here typing in this chat is a sign of that.

Now that I have the chant, I am really leaving. I still need to walk for 30 minutes today.

I am looking forward to your post about the four stages; I am curious where I am after 6 weeks :-)

*itisonlyablogitisonlyablog*

• That link for Webmaster Tools worked for me when I woke up enough to realize you have to use the HTML instead of Visual editor. I don’t do coding so copy and paste didn’t do any good until I clicked the right tab. Sometimes things aren’t intuitive enough without a programming background or more experience. Hope this was useful.

• That link for Webmaster Tools worked for me when I woke up enough to realize you have to use the HTML instead of Visual editor. I don’t do coding so copy and paste didn’t do any good until I clicked the right tab. Sometimes things aren’t intuitive enough without a programming background or more experience. Hope this was useful.

• oops, sorry for double post.

• @aquamarineswan
    Not to worry. I’m glad the instructions worked for you. Best wishes with your blog.

• @aquamarineswan thank you – I think that is part of my challenge. I worked in software user assistance for quite a few years and while it was on the end-user side, I still tend to jump in with both feet.

Most of the time immersion is the best way to learn – but I misjudged the depth of this pool. :-)

@timethief – I am breathing normally now and ready to enjoy a balanced day.

Thank you everyone for your help.

• The topic ‘Site Maps and Google Web Master Tools Help’ is closed to new replies.