Site Icon not showing in browser tab

• Hi there,

I’m trying to change my site icon in the Customizer -> Site Identity -> Site Icon. It seems to work fine, and the icon shows up when I save a bookmark in Internet Edge. However it doesn’t show as an on in the tab itself (beside the title). Any help would be much appreciated – thanks!

The site is http://www.shescomeundone.org and I am using the Anemone theme.

Mita

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

The site icon is cached at several points along the line, both on our servers and in your browser itself, so it can take a while before it starts showing up in the browser tab.

I can see your site icon showing as favicon in my browser tab when I view your site – a serif font S on a red square with rounded corners. If you’re not seeing it in your browser, please try clearing the browser cache, then reload your site.

• Hi there,

Thanks so much for your help! I tried clearing my browser cache (over 2 hours ago), which seemed to work because now I have to enter all my passwords on my previously cached sites, however the icon is still not showing. It still shows as a folder icon… so strange!

Is there a way to attach a screen shot here to show you?

Thanks,
    Mita

• Hi there,

Is there a way to attach a screen shot here to show you?

You can upload the screenshot your media library and we’ll be able to access it there.

Thanks,

• The topic ‘Site Icon not showing in browser tab’ is closed to new replies.