Site domain name

• I tried to register a domain but had issues with the process. I ended up canceling it and now I am trying to purchase the same domain again but it says the name has been taken by a WordPress user. That user was me and I’m wondering if I just need to wait a bit for the system to update so I can get that domain?

WP.com: Yes
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to moderators and staff)

• Hi @kaylanicoledixon , when you cancel a new domain it will go into holding for a bit. Please let us know which of these options works best for you:

Wait: You can wait about five days for the domain to be released. So long as no one else buys it before you do, you can purchase it again here or with another provider.

Repurchase the Domain: We can send an invoice for the domain. Once it’s restored, it will redirect to your free site, or you can point it to another host and transfer after 60 days.

Purchase an Annual Plan: To host your site here after all, buy an annual plan, skip the domain option, then update us here. That way we can apply the free domain with annual purchase option for you.

Let us know!

• I would like to repurchase it! Please send me and invoice. :)

• Hi there!

We’ve just emailed you the payment link. Once you’ve paid, please let us know here, and we’ll restore the WordPress.com site and the domain for you. (The site will be on the free plan, but it will have the domain attached to it, which you can point to another host if you want.)

We’d love to know what led you to cancel your WordPress.com plan, though. Assuming you still need a site, we’d love to help if you’re still interested in hosting your site with us. Can you tell us more about your site? What’s the site for, and what features do you need?

We can share personalized suggestions once we know more about your site goals.

• Hello again.

We have received your payment. I have restored the domain, and transferred it to your site.

I had to restore the site you deleted in order to do this. That site is private. You can delete that site by following this guide: https://wordpress.com/en/support/delete-site/

• The topic ‘Site domain name’ is closed to new replies.