Shortcut to Arranging Page in Menu?

• Hello, hello, hello.

The new menu configuration doesn’t allow me to scroll up non-stop to the top of my menu to place a new page in the menu easily. It requires me to go up the ladder of pages in the menu only 15 to 20 items at a time, and this takes forever just to place a new page in the menu. Aren’t there easier ways? Thank you.

Gabriel

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there!

Can you tell us a bit more about which new menu configuration you’re referring to as new? There haven’t been any changes in how menus work for a while, so I’m not sure I understand what you mean by that.

When you add a new item to the menu, it is added at the bottom of the menu by default. There isn’t a way to change that. Because your site has an unusually high number of menu items, it will take a few extra clicks/steps to add a new menu item to the top. You can drag the menu item to the top or you can click “Reorder” and keep clicking the ^ key to take the menu item to the top.

There isn’t a workaround to it that I know of at the moment. But you can check out other instructions for working with the menu here: https://wordpress.com/support/menus/

Hope that helps!

• The topic ‘Shortcut to Arranging Page in Menu?’ is closed to new replies.