Selecting which posts to include on the homepage

• Hi, I am wondering how I can select which posts to include/exclude on my home page. For example, only include posts associated with a certain category.

Or alternatively, how to create a page in the same style as the homepage where I can specify which entries should be displayed.

Thanks.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

Because you are able to edit your homepage template directly using our site editing tools, it is possible to set up filtering for the Query Loop block that is creating the display of blog posts on your site. You can edit the template here: https://willnicholescom.wordpress.com/wp-admin/site-editor.php

The video linked here will show you how to add filtering

I noticed that you do not have any categories added to your posts, which I recommend you do first. Once you do they will show up in the filtering option (in the Query Loop Block settings) when you search for them.

Or alternatively, how to create a page in the same style as the homepage where I can specify which entries should be displayed.

This is possible as well. You can create a new page, maybe for your “Back to the 80’s” category, and then add either the Blog Posts block or the Query Loop block, and set that block to filter and show only posts from that category.

We cover custom blog pages like this in more detail in the recent webinar here:

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

• Thank you! I will give this a try.

• The topic ‘Selecting which posts to include on the homepage’ is closed to new replies.