Sela Theme – Ugly Thumbnails

• Hello folks,

I’m using the Sela theme for a site I’m currently working on and I’ve noticed that images it re-sizes, in particular post headers and gallery “previews” are really ugly.

Take THIS page for example. Take a look at the header image and the preview of the same image when it’s thumbnail is clicked in the gallery (top left). Now, compare this to the full size image.

So whatever is happening when the images are shrunk is causing them to look horrible.

Would this be a WP or a theme problem? I’ve no idea how to overcome this, but I can’t use the theme is it’s going to keep throwing up images like this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

See the top part of item #7 of the Adding a Gallery or Slideshow section of the Galleries and Slideshows support page, which begins:

You can select the Edit tab to remove images, drag them to a different place to change the order, or add a captions. You can also edit the following options, which will be available based on the currently chosen layout:

• Link to: Does not apply to slideshows.
      • Attachment Page: A specialized page in your blog that shows the image in your selected theme.
      • Media File: A direct link to the full-size uploaded image.

There’s actually a third attachment option not mentioned there, the option “None,” which, if selected, would produce the effect you’ve described. Choosing either of the other two attachment options would eliminate the tiny thumbnails. The “Attachment Page” option is the one which will produce a full size image when a gallery image is clicked on. Selecting the”Media File” option will result in a clicked on gallery image displaying in a carousel, not necessarily at full-size, but with a link below the carousel image to the full-size image.

• The topic ‘Sela Theme – Ugly Thumbnails’ is closed to new replies.