Security Issue and no One is Listening

• On https://dashboard.wordpress.com which I only have so I can connect Jetpack to my self-hosted site I have two blogs listed. Mine and another which is not mine and for which I have no clue how it got there.

I posted another thread on the 15th and it went ignored. It strikes me that what amounts to a security breach of either my account the other site owner’s or both is going completely ignored by WP.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• The blog you specified at adambyers.com does not appear to be hosted at WordPress.com.

This support forum is for blogs hosted at WordPress.com. If your question is about a self-hosted WordPress blog then you’ll find help at the WordPress.org forums.

If you don’t understand the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org, you may find this information helpful.

If you forgot to include a link to your blog, you can reply and include it below. It’ll help people to answer your question.

This is an automated message.

• Well, at lest the support bot is listening… though it’s wrong.

• I’m going to keep posting every little bit to keep this at the top until someone from WP answers me.

• Provided you post the URLs of self hosted blogs you want deleted from your account into a forum thread like this one, Staff can do this for you. Please do that now as I tagged this thread for their assistance. Please subscribe to it so you are notified when they respond.

• http://www.geekazine.com is the site that is listed and not mine. Never added it, never owned the domain. One wonders how the hell it got there and why WP feels it’s ok to ignore an obvious security issue.

Again, I posted about this on the 15th and it was ignored. Ridiculous.

• Thanks for the URL. Please subscribe to the thread so you are notified when they respond and please be patient while waiting.

• I have removed geekazine.com from list of your blogs on WordPress.com.

• And an explanation of why it was there in the first place?

The lax attitude regarding this is astounding.

• Hi there,

I want to assure you that our team is looking into the cause of this glitch, to make sure that self-hosted WordPress blogs do not appear in the list My Blogs list for users who don’t own them. This is something that happens very rarely and we are investigating the issue.

However, I also want to assure you that seeing a blog in your My Blogs list does not give you access to that blog or the blog owner’s account. If you see a blog that you don’t own appear in your list of blogs, you can let us know and we’ll help remove it from your account.

• The topic ‘Security Issue and no One is Listening’ is closed to new replies.