Secondary/special posts without creating a second blog

• First off, I’d have to say WordPress is a great CMS tool and has many flexibilities and a great support community.

I power my website http://www.ShadowvillePro.com with WordPress, using posts to represent a listing for a song/beat.

However, I would like to include written articles in the website, but I do not want them to interfere with the beat listings (such as falling into the post categories that are supposed to be ‘beat genres’).

For now, I am using ‘pages’ to do articles, as you can see on the sidebar on the homepage. However, this is highly inefficient because I can’t have another person post articles since it gives them ability to edit ALL pages. Also, I wish to display, say, the 5 most recent articles instead of having the pages listing to list ALL of them.

So my question is, is there a way (using hacks, or plugins, or any means) to create a second instance of posts and categories that do not mix in with the main posts on the website? Please keep in mind that I do not wish to install a second blog, as I want to use the same domain name, same user database, etc.

I appreciate any response on this matter.

• arkane8, you’re in the wrong spot. You need to be over at wordpress.org as that’s the site for folks running the WordPress software on their own sites. We run here WordPress MultiUser which is a different software than what you are using. I’ve already had to edit out a pair of your posts due to incorrect responses for the questions being asked.

I would also kindly suggest that, when you get over to WP.ord, don’t call WordPress a CMS. You’ll probably get screamed at because it’s not defined as one. :)

• Yes i just realized! lol

• The topic ‘Secondary/special posts without creating a second blog’ is closed to new replies.