Sandbox designs competition announced

• @Andrew: Remember the basis of Web standards is the separation of content and presentation. For the design aspect of theme development, you shouldn’t need to edit the PHP files. For theme development, that’s different.

Custom CSS upgrade or not, if this comp was a theme competition, wp.com users would be left out. So yes, it’s good for Automattic. But it’s also good for a whole lotta users.

@drmike: On the nose. Wednesday is our three-year anniversary. :O

Er, I meant :D

• @swallick
    I’m not in the least bit interested in learning css … lol

@devblog
    I love the appearance of the Zen Garden site :) Faded Flowers is my kind of theme.

• After submissions close, the accepted designs will be available on the Sandbox Designs Live site, which is currently sporting the default (naked) Sandbox look. You’ll be able to preview the designs there. But no refreshing to change a skin! It’s all CSS! Click-bang-change! Ala CSS Zen Gardens.

• it seems like andy had better get cracking on putting the updated version here on wordpress.com. anyone who’s waiting for it is down to 6 weeks (from 8). Either that or entrants should have the option of specifying the wp.com version of sandbox for their entry.

• The topic ‘Sandbox designs competition announced’ is closed to new replies.