RSS and Ms Outlook 2013

• Hi,

I wanted to view my wordpress blog’s feed in Outlook.

I am having trouble viewing my feed in Outlook (error 0x80004005) and Chrome whereas I don’t have problems viewing it in Firefox, Safari or IE.

but when checking the URL in online Feed Validation Services, they say : “It looks like this is a web page, not a feed. I looked for a feed associated with this page, but couldn’t find one. Please…”

P.S.: it is linked to a wordpress blog which needs authentification…

Any ideas ?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,
    It sounds like you’re checking the feed of a private blog. It needs to be public to generate a viewable feed. For example, otcassisinterne.wordpress.com is marked private and I’m not able to view the feed at otcassisinterne.wordpress.com/feed/.

• Hi micawbr,

That’s exactly what I wanted to do !! it should be asking me for authentification…

Actually, I just found this bit of information :
    “Outlook cannot open RSS feeds that require authentication unless Windows NT LAN Manager (NTLM) authentication is available, and it cannot load RSS feeds from Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) locations.”

I thought maybe someone knew a workaround :)

• Hi there,

When you are logged in to your WordPress.com account in a browser, you can view your blog’s feed. However, that feed won’t be visible publicly or available through other methods (such as trying to access the feed when logged out of your WordPress.com account in a browser or through another application).

• ok, thanks then… at least, it is clear :(

• The topic ‘RSS and Ms Outlook 2013’ is closed to new replies.